Wednesday 17 August 2011

A New Day - A New Doctor - More Tests

Saw the urologist this morning.  I had passed a kidney stone a few weeks ago and had had problems with blood in uring and doctor had made an appointment with a urologist. 

He does not mix words.  Said it might not have been the warfarin nor the anti-biotics that had caused my bleeding - that there was a slight chance that it was, but usually blood in the urine is a sign of something being wrrong. 

So, on August 31st, I will be having a cystroscopy done and will wait to be notified for a CT Scan of Kidneys (using iodine thru IV).  Fun.  Am not nervous, becaue I truly believe there is nothing wrong in that department (with my kidneys, bladder or the pipes leading to them).  But I guess, like he said, better to be safe than sorry. 

Seems like my body is breaking down.  But I refuse to bellieve that.  I prefer to believe that I will have all these tests done and be told that all is working fine and that I will live to be a ripe old age, in fine health in mind and body.

It does make me think about my life though and the years gone by - what would I have done differently?  Oh a whole bunch of things.  As a matter of fact, most things.  Do I have regrets? Yup.  A lot?  Yup.  My greatest accomplishment?  My son of course.  He is the reason I was put on this earth.  I thank heavens for him.  The rest of my life?  Sooooooo many things I would do differently.  As a matter of fact, I think I would have done everything differently.  My life as I now know it would not be what it is.  Sounds awful eh?  Not really.  I know there were reasons I made certain choices and I live with those choices every day.  And I accept the decisions I made, and I am OK with them. 

There are many 'what ifs' in my life.  But I do not dwell on them (except while writing this post).  Tomorrow I will accept what is, and enjoy life to the best of my ability.  And appreciate all that I have.  But just for today, when I think 'what things are you thankful for?' the only answer I have is my son.  It is my truth at the moment, my reality. 

I do know that tomorrow I will have a different outlook and I look forward to tomorrow.  For tonight, it is OK to feel the way I do.  I won't apologize for being who I am.  (I think I have that saying on my facebook page - that 'never apologize for who you are, it is like apologizing for being real'.  I am real at this moment in time and my feelings are open.  People will read this (or maybe not) - but my thoughts are here.  If only for me to read.  And I accept myself. 

Maybe it is time to rent that red Mazda Miata convertible.......  :o) :o) :o) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment